Pages

GO TO YOUR ROOM !

I borrowed this phrase from the recently deceased Canadian painter Robert Genn who believed that there is only so much we can learn about how to paint from the many fine instructors and resources available today. The true learning comes from going off on our own and just doing it - Go to your room!

I have had the good fortune to take instruction from outstanding artists in Canada and the USA. I continue to work on my own development ( Going to MY room!) . I share, through this blog and workshops, what I have learned and what others have shared with me.

I created this blog primarily for those attending my workshops to keep in touch and to further share as we grow together. If others are interested in following that would be great.

Enjoy the journey.

Friday 23 January 2015

WORKSHOP : MASTERING THE POWER IN ACRYLICS




There are a few spots remaining in the two day workshop: Mastering the Power in Acrylics.

Brian Buckrell WORKSHOP 
  
Campbell River Art Gallery 
March 7,8


MASTERING THE POWER OF ACRYLICS

Acrylic is the most versatile of the painting mediums. This two day workshop will cover the types of acrylic paints and mediums and painting techniques used to take advantage of the full potential in acrylics. The first day and a half will be demonstrations and group  exercises. The final afternoon participants will use the techniques in developing their own paintings.

 Participants will receive a recommended reading list, a supply list and my outline Thoughts on Making a Landscape Painting. Designed for the serious beginner and the intermediate level painter wanting a review.

Cost: $285 / Gallery members: $275
For information or to register contact: 
Campbell River Art Gallery  (250) 287-2261
www. crartgallery.ca

1 comment:

  1. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback.